Prince Harry’s first priority detailed by ex-royal butler as Prince William snub explained
Prince Harry reportedly has one priority when it comes to healing the royal rift.
Prince Harry could be on the way to a reconciliation with his father King Charles, just months after he claimed they were no longer speaking. The Duke of Sussex, 40, sat down with the BBC in May after losing a court appeal regarding his downgraded UK taxpayer-funded security rights. In the interview, the prince – who quit his senior royal life and moved to America in 2020 – said he wanted reconciliation with his royal relatives after some disagreements over the years. He also claimed that his father King Charles, 76, wouldn’t “speak” to him.
However, this may now be set to change after it was reported on Sunday that a meeting had taken place last week between Tobyn Andreae, the King’s communications secretary, and two members of staff from Harry and Meghan Markle’s team. The staffers reportedly were Meredith Maines, the couple’s chief communications officer and head of their household in Montecito, California, and Liam Maguire, who runs the Sussexes’ PR team in the UK.
Our community members are treated to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. You can check out at any time. Read our Privacy Policy
As revealed by The Mail on Sunday, the meeting was held at the London private members’ club Royal Over-Seas League, where the three were spotted sitting on a terrace overlooking Green Park in London.
It was noticed that no staff members from Prince William’s team were present for this informal meeting, which is believed to be the first step in the reconciliation process.
Grant Harrold, speaking on behalf of Genting Casino, said: “Nobody from Prince William’s staff was there. I think Harry wants to resolve things first and foremost with his father.”
Harry has had rumoured rifts with both his brother and his father
He continued: “We know William and Harry’s relationship is at an all time low, I’m not sure if that will come back.
“I think William feels really strongly about what’s happened. I think this is why he’s reached out to his father first.”
It is not known whether it was Harry or the monarch’s team who initiated plans for a meeting first, however both royals were aware of the meeting taking place.
It is also not known when the King and Prince Harry last spoke.
News
Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Take Over Their New Studio – Fans Can’t Get Enough
Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos are gearing up for the 38th season of Live! With Kelly and Mark, which will premiere Sept. 2, and E!…
Dylan Dreyer of TODAY Sparks Shock After Revealing Private Health Treatment Reaction – Fans React with Concern and Awe!
In a stunning revelation, TODAY show meteorologist Dylan Dreyer has opened up about her personal reaction to a private health…
Holly Willoughby Outraged as Her Media City Show Faces Yet Another Delay – Fans Shocked by Star’s Fiery Reaction
Holly Willoughby, the beloved morning television presenter who has captured the hearts of millions across the UK, is reportedly furious…
Brooklyn Beckham’s wife Nicola takes a swipe at his estranged parents with post about ‘family dinner’
BROOKLYN Beckham’s wife Nicola took a new swipe at his estranged parents with a new post about a ‘family dinner.’…
Amid Criticism and Chaos, Patrick Mahomes Breaks Down in Tears After Sweet Hug from Son Bronze—A Heartwarming Reminder of Family, Love, and Comfort in Life’s Toughest Moments
In a world where public scrutiny is relentless and the spotlight never fades, even the biggest stars find themselves weighed…
NFL preseason Week 3 takeaways: Patrick Mahomes looks primed for MVP season; Cameron Ward ready for Week 1
The clock is about to strike midnight on the 2025 NFL preseason. This is the final weekend of preseason action…
End of content
No more pages to load