
THE mother of three sisters who were pulled from the water off Brighton beach also died by drowning 16 years ago, their family has revealed.
Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, were tragically pulled from the water last Wednesday.
It is feared the women – who lived together in Uxbridge, London – were suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf close to the water’s edge.
Their aunt, Ajike Adetoro, who lives in Manchester, paid tribute to the “happy girls”, describing them as “the closest sisters and best friends who did everything together.”
The family said the sisters’ mother also tragically drowned in Birmingham in 2010. Their mum, Janice, 43, went missing in January 2010 and was later found to have drowned in Brookvale Park lake.
Janice had last been seen by one of her daughters, with whom she lived, before she disappeared. At the time, the family made a public appeal for help. She suffered from stress-related mental health issues but was not carrying any medication when she went missing.
Her brother, Lincoln, said at the time: “The girls are so upset and can’t stop thinking about you and for their sake we need you to make contact.”
The sisters’ father, Joseph, said “no words can truly describe the pain” of losing his family. He described his daughters as his “joy and strength.”

Joseph added: “The tragedy of losing all three of you has left an emptiness that words cannot heal. Today, with a heart full of sorrow and love, I pay tribute to my beloved daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky — whose lives ended so tragically far too soon.”
His wife, Genevieve Barnaby, described the sisters as “the most beautiful girls [who] didn’t give us no trouble.” She posted a tribute to her stepdaughters, saying: “Our hearts are broken. The pain is indescribable.”
The sisters’ uncle, Adesoji, launched a fundraiser for the family. He said: “As a family, we are still struggling to come to terms with what has happened. The girls had so much life ahead of them, and their loss has left a pain and emptiness in our hearts that words cannot describe. No parent should ever have to bury their child, let alone all three.”
“Extremely intelligent” Jane worked as an accountant and was described by relatives as the serious one who took on the “role of mother to the other sisters.” Christina had recently graduated from Brunel University, while Rebecca was known as the “baby” of the family — mischievous and lively.
A frantic search was launched at 5.45am last Wednesday after reports of a person in the water near Brighton. Emergency services were called to the beach near Black Rock car park off Madeira Drive. Police later confirmed that three women had been pulled from the water.
It is feared that at least one of the women was suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf. The pebbled beach around central Brighton and the Palace Pier is known for its steep underwater slopes, which can be extremely dangerous for swimmers.
A Coastguard source told The Sun: “It’s feared at least one of the women went into the water for a paddle and was then suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf. If you took one pace out thinking it’s flat you could go down two feet or more very quickly. That can turn things very dangerous very quickly.”
The investigation to establish exactly how Jane, Christina and Rebecca came to be in the water remains ongoing. Sussex Police have said there is currently no evidence to suggest third-party involvement or criminality.
Chief Superintendent Adam Hays, Divisional Commander for Brighton and Hove, said: “The thoughts of everyone at Sussex Police are with the family of Jane, Christina and Rebecca following this devastating loss. I know this incident has had a profound impact on the local community in Brighton, and across the country. We will leave no stone unturned in our investigation to understand exactly what led to the tragic events of that Wednesday morning. This investigation will continue in earnest, with Jane, Christina and Rebecca’s family at its centre. I would ask that they are given the privacy to come to terms with this terrible tragedy.”
News
Heartbreaking Twist of Fate: Husband Relives Wife’s Tragic Death 40 Years Ago at the Exact Maldives Dive Spot That Just Killed 5 Italian Tourists
The husband of a woman who died while scuba diving more than 40 years ago at the same Maldives spot…
Shocking Betrayal Exposed: Police Discover Chilling Evidence That Turns Perfect Family Into Houston’s Deadliest Nightmare
In the affluent River Oaks neighborhood of Houston, a picture-perfect family was shattered in what authorities are calling a horrific…
From Terror to Triumph: Jessie J Sobbed for Hours After Learning She’s Cancer-Free After a Year of Silent Battle
In a deeply moving update that has touched fans worldwide, British singer Jessie J has officially declared herself cancer-free, marking…
The Heartbreaking Choice No Father Should Ever Have to Make: Bre Latrece’s Husband Finally Breaks Silence After Losing His Wife and Two Young Sons in Fiery Crash
In the quiet suburbs of Little Rock, Arkansas, a devastating hit-and-run crash on Arch Street shattered a family forever. On…
Cold-Blooded K.i.l.l.e.r Who Executed Mechanic Over $500 Dispute Learns His Fate — Then Delivers Chilling Final Message to Victim’s Family
A Texas man was sentenced to 40 years in prison for executing a mechanic over a $500 repair bill before he warned…
New details reveal images of the Maldivian divers who perished just minutes below the surface🚨😰
The five Italian divers who drowned in the Maldives were not wearing proper scuba equipment for the dive – and…
End of content
No more pages to load






