
Devastated relatives of Maiwenna Goasdoue and Jarrod Clune have spoken out about the devastating circumstances leading to the suspected murder-suicide that claimed the lives of the couple and their two teenage sons in Mosman Park. The family of four—along with three family pets—was discovered dead inside their home on Mott Close on January 30, 2026, in what police have described as a planned act where the parents ended the lives of their non-verbal autistic sons Leon, 16, and Otis, 14, before taking their own lives. No weapons were used, and notes left at the scene—including one on the front door warning carers not to enter and another inside detailing their intentions—pointed to a deliberate decision made together after years of mounting despair.
Those closest to Maiwenna and Jarrod have highlighted repeated, desperate attempts to secure adequate support through Australia’s National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Friends and former carers say the couple felt increasingly abandoned as funding for the boys’ complex needs was reduced or delayed. One anonymous relative told media outlets that requests for additional respite care, behavioral support, and overnight assistance were routinely turned away or heavily scrutinized under recent NDIS reforms. “They begged for help over and over,” the relative said. “Every application, every review felt like another rejection. They were told the boys’ needs didn’t meet the new thresholds or that existing supports were sufficient—when clearly they weren’t.”
Former support worker Maddie Louise Page, who cared for Leon and Otis for more than a decade, publicly stated that the family had been “failed” by the NDIS. In tributes shared online, she described the parents as loving, dedicated, and exhausted, pushed to breaking point by a system that seemed to prioritize cost-cutting over human lives. Page claimed funding cuts left the couple without enough hours for in-home support, forcing them to manage severe behavioral challenges, medical appointments, and daily care almost entirely alone. “They were isolated, unsupported, and abandoned by services that were supposed to help,” she wrote. “The NDIS reforms made it harder, not easier, and they felt they had no other choice.”
The tragedy has reignited fierce debate over NDIS changes implemented in recent years. Critics argue that stricter eligibility criteria, reassessments, and funding caps have disproportionately affected families with high-needs children, particularly those with profound autism and complex health requirements. Relatives say Maiwenna and Jarrod faced multiple rejections when seeking increased support for Leon and Otis, who were non-verbal and required constant supervision to manage self-injurious behaviors and sensory overload. One friend recounted how the couple “lived in the trenches every day,” juggling full-time caregiving with financial strain after one son’s package was significantly reduced.
The Australian Human Rights Commission has called for a coronial inquest to examine systemic issues, including whether NDIS policies contributed to the family’s desperation. Disability Discrimination Commissioner Rosemary Kayess described the deaths as “heartbreaking” and emphasized that autism and disability should never justify violence, while urging a thorough investigation into support failures. “Every child has the right to life, safety, and support,” she said. “Families should have access to help well before crisis.” Kayess noted that recent reforms have left many families “anxious and frightened,” with reduced access to essential services.
Federal Disability Minister Mark Butler described the incident as an “unspeakable tragedy” but declined to comment specifically on the level of NDIS support the family received, citing the ongoing police investigation. A National Disability Insurance Agency spokesperson expressed “deepest sympathies” and confirmed the agency would cooperate fully with authorities. The NDIA has faced mounting criticism over wait times for plan reviews, appeals processes that drag on for months, and decisions that appear to prioritize budget constraints over individual needs.
Those who knew the family paint a picture of profound isolation. Friends say Maiwenna and Jarrod had become increasingly withdrawn as social connections frayed under the weight of constant caregiving. School expulsions, community stigma, and perceived judgment from services added to their burden. One relative shared that the couple felt “labelled as failures” when they sought more help, rather than supported as exhausted parents doing their best.
The Mosman Park home, in an affluent Perth suburb, masked years of private struggle. Carers arrived daily, but funding limits meant gaps in coverage—particularly overnight and during crises. Relatives say the parents had reached out repeatedly to NDIS planners, local support coordinators, and even politicians, only to be met with bureaucracy, delays, or outright denials. “They were told to manage with what they had,” one said. “But what they had wasn’t enough.”
The tragedy has prompted calls for immediate reform. Advocacy groups are urging the government to pause planned cuts, expedite high-needs reviews, and increase respite options for primary carers. Parents of autistic children have shared similar stories online, describing fear that their own families could reach breaking point without adequate support.
Maiwenna Goasdoue and Jarrod Clune were remembered by those who knew them as deeply loving parents who sacrificed everything for their sons. The boys, Leon and Otis, were described as gentle souls who brought joy despite profound challenges. Their deaths—along with three family pets—have left a grieving community demanding accountability from a system meant to prevent such despair.
As investigations continue, the focus remains on whether systemic failures in disability support played a role in this unthinkable outcome. Relatives hope their voices will force meaningful change so no other family feels driven to such extremes. The Mosman Park tragedy stands as a stark warning: when families beg for help and are repeatedly turned away, the consequences can be catastrophic.
News
William and Catherine’s Stunning Debut as King and Queen: The Historic Entrance That Redefined the Monarchy.
Buckingham Palace gates swung open to reveal a sight few anticipated so soon: Prince William and the Princess of Wales…
King Charles’ Swift Crackdown: The Resurfaced Ex-Partner Bombshell from Meghan’s Canada Past That Sparked Palace Panic.
Reports circulating in royal circles describe a tense period at Buckingham Palace as King Charles III allegedly authorized immediate behind-the-scenes…
King Charles’ Stunning Silence: The Shocking Moment a Heckler Demanded Answers on Andrew and Epstein.
King Charles III found himself at the center of an uncomfortable public confrontation during a routine royal walkabout in the…
William’s Saudi Visit Amid Royal Panic: How Andrew’s Epstein Ties Are Casting a Long Shadow.
Prince William touched down in Riyadh on February 9, 2026, for his first official visit to Saudi Arabia as the…
William and Kate’s Secret Beanie-Hat Getaway: The Adorable Alpine Moment Everyone’s Buzzing About.
Prince William and the Princess of Wales recently traded royal duties for crisp mountain air and cozy knitwear during a…
1:30 a.m. Nightmare Captured: CCTV Footage Forces Police to Declare Homicide in Nancy Guthrie Disappearance.
Pima County authorities have formally declared the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie a suspected homicide after detailed analysis of surveillance…
End of content
No more pages to load

