In a candid interview that has left fans eagerly speculating, Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has confirmed that he and star forward Alexander Isak had discussions about the player’s future just weeks before the end of the season. Howe acknowledged that Isak had expressed his desire to leave the club during a private conversation, but stressed that the content of their discussions would remain confidential.

Có thể là hình ảnh về 1 người, đang chơi bóng bầu dục, đang chơi bóng đá và văn bản

“Yes, Alex and I had discussions towards the end of the season. I won’t sit here and deny that,” Howe said when asked by reporters about the rumors surrounding Isak’s future. “But, as I’ve said before, the content of private conversations between a manager and his player should remain confidential. However, it’s not unusual for a manager to speak with his player about such matters. Yes, we did discuss his future.”

A Difficult Decision for Both Sides

Howe made it clear that there was no animosity between Isak and the club, and that their relationship remains positive. He acknowledged that it was natural for a player to evaluate their options and discuss their ambitions at the end of a season. But with Isak still under contract with Newcastle, Howe emphasized that the club’s actions would be in the best interests of the team.

Eddie Howe reveals he has no idea if Alexander Isak will be sold as he  demands 'players who want to play for Newcastle' | The Sun

“Look, Alex is still our player. He has a contract with us, and 100% I want to see him back in a Newcastle shirt,” Howe explained. “I would love for him to be on the pitch on Monday, but we’re not there yet. The club will act in the best interest of Newcastle. We will handle this situation as best we can. It’s a tough one, a ‘lose-lose’ for us, really. I don’t think there’s any scenario where we come out on top in this situation.”

Will Isak Return to Newcastle?

When asked about the likelihood of Isak rejoining the squad, Howe was open but cautious. “I’m not a fortune teller, I’m afraid,” he admitted. “I can’t predict what will happen in the coming days. We’re all in the same boat, just waiting to see how things unfold.”

However, Howe made it clear that he believes Isak’s relationship with the Newcastle fans remains strong, and that the player would always be welcomed back if he chose to return. “The relationship between Alex and the supporters is still a good one. The fans will always react based on how a player performs, but there’s always two sides to every story. We’ll see how things play out in the next week or so. It’s been a tough few months, but it looks like we’re coming to a resolution soon, and we can focus on football again.”

A Difficult Period for Isak and Newcastle

While the club remains hopeful about Isak’s return, the situation has been fraught with uncertainty. Howe acknowledged that the past few months had been challenging for both the player and the team, but expressed optimism that the situation would soon be resolved.

“Things have been difficult, but it looks like we’re heading towards an end to this saga, and we can shift our focus back to what really matters—football. If Alex is back in the team, he has to be fully committed,” Howe added. “When a player steps onto the pitch, they have to give everything for the collective.”

Despite the uncertainty, Howe remains focused on ensuring the best outcome for both the club and Isak. “It’s a challenging situation, but we will handle it professionally. I believe we’re all working towards a solution that benefits everyone,” he concluded.